Tuesday, February 21, 2023

‘This is not the retirement I envisioned.’ How retirees are getting hit by inflation

Title: ‘This is not the retirement I envisioned.’ How retirees are getting hit by inflation

Article Snip: "One common refrain was the shock of dealing with the huge jump in food prices – especially on meat, fruits and vegetables. Food prices have seen their largest annual increase in 41 years. And the cost of groceries jumped 10.8% between April 2021 and April 2022. But of course, inflation’s reach goes far beyond the supermarket. Here’s how these retirees say they are coping...her rent will be increased by $200 a month – a 14% jump...Her expectations for retirement were very different than her present reality. “I didn’t expect the level of stress financially. I truly didn’t. I worked for 50 years. ...electricity and natural gas commonly used for heating and cooling homes, was up 30.3% year-over-year. Plans to buy a new car are also tabled. “The starting price for a new Jeep is $15,000 more than my house cost..."

Reference: www.cnn.com
Inflation 2023, Retirees vs Inflation,Destruction of Retirees,

No comments:

Post a Comment